16 April 2012

Tax Collectors

Marinus Van Reymerswaele, 1490-1546


Tax Man by the Beatles
Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
Cos I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman
Should five per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
Cos I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman
If you drive a car, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet
Taxman!
Cos I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman
Don't ask me what I want it for (Aahh Mr. Wilson)
If you don't want to pay some more (Aahh Mr. Heath)
Cos I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman
Now my advice for those who die
Declare the pennies on your eyes
Cos I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman
And you're working for no one but me
Taxman!





1040 Blues by Robert Cray

Worried, you betcha
Discouraged, I don't know
Every time I see a 1040
Out of my pocket it goes

Ow, I hate taxes

I work hard for my money
Every April you take it all away
Don't you know I work hard for my money
Every day, people
You take it all away from me

Ow, ow, I hate taxes

Taxes gonna break my back, I swear
Don't you know I pay a lot more than my share?
I hate taxes

Can't have any fun anymore
Gotta make plans for everything now
Gotta plan for everything I do, people
Can't go out and have a real good time
Now I've gotta worry about everything
That my little money can buy

Oh, ow, I hate taxes

Taxes gonna break my back, I swear
Don't you know I paid a lot more than my share?
I hate taxes

You know I'm thinkin' about movin' somewhere else
But I can't because I love America too much
Especially California, yeah
I guess I'm gonna have to pay these taxes
If I'm gonna live here, oh





Tax Poem
Tax his land, Tax his bed, Tax the table at which he’s fed.
Tax his tractor, Tax his mule, Teach him taxes are the rule.
Tax his work, Tax his pay, He works for peanuts anyway!
Tax his cow, Tax his goat, Tax his pants, Tax his coat.
Tax his ties, Tax his shirt, Tax his work, Tax his dirt.
Tax his tobacco, Tax his drink, Tax him if he tries to think.
Tax his cigars, Tax his beers, If he cries, then tax his tears.
Tax his car, Tax his gas, Find other ways to tax his ass.
Tax all he has then let him know, That you won’t be done till he has no dough.
When he screams and hollers then tax him more,
Tax him till he’s good and sore.
Then tax his coffin, Tax his grave, Tax the sod in which he’s laid.
Put these words Upon his tomb, ‘Taxes drove me to my doom. ‘
When he’s gone, Do not relax, It’s time to apply the inheritance tax.

No comments: